This page is intended to offer guidance for those who wish to send me a book to review. If I read a book I will always review it giving my honest opinion. It is therefore in everyone’s interests that I only accept titles I am likely to enjoy.
- Please be aware that I do not read ebooks.
- I may miss some gems but I no longer review self-published works.
- I am unlikely to enjoy any book that contains graphic descriptions of sex, especially if included purely for titillation.
- I do not believe in a happy ever after so avoid romances – they annoy me.
- I am unlikely to enjoy a book where every character is superficially beautiful or where the pivotal action involves a vapid women being rescued by a man.
- I have no interest in clothes, cooking or crafting.
- I have enjoyed many psychological thrillers, action thrillers, and imaginative crime fiction but please do not offer me those written to a copycat formula. I like stories to have originality and depth.
- I enjoy disturbing fiction including horror.
- I enjoy poetry and experimental fiction, literary fiction and translated fiction from around the world.
- I like to be challenged, to be made to think about the issues I am reading about.
- I occasionally read fiction for children and young adults as well as that aimed at adults.
- I would like to read more non fiction books, especially those covering a medical or nature subject. I am not an expert so the writing must be accessible.
- I do not review celebrity or misery memoirs but have enjoyed memoirs written by authors and medical professionals.
If you still wish to send me a book to review, publishers may contact me by DM on Twitter. Apologies if I am tardy in responding – I receive a lot of requests.
If you offer me a book that clearly does not fit the above guidelines, I may not respond. Life is short and admin takes time.
I have removed my email address from this page as I received too many requests from self-published authors – I wish you well as writers but there are so many books out there and I cannot read them all.
Publicists please note, I no longer take part in blog tours.
In June 2020 I took on an additional reviewer. Her taste in books differs to mine, plus she will accept ebooks. To find out more about her preferences, check out her bio – Robyn – in the menu above. If you wish to offer her a book to consider for review, feel free to DM either of us on Twitter.