Thank you to Gretchen over at Drifting Through My Open Mind for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
These awards are a way of showing a little extra love towards other bloggers whose posts we particularly enjoy.
In choosing to accept the award I need to tell you a few random things about myself, so here goes.
- In my youth I learned to play the piano, cornet, oboe and guitar, although the only instrument I took to any standard was the oboe.
- I worked as a volunteer on a kibbutz one summer when I was a student.
- I attended a U2 concert at a leisure centre in Belfast when I was 18 years old and the band were still relatively unknown. This concert included their first performance of ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’ in Northern Ireland.
- My teenage daughter has had one of her short stories published in a book, something that I can only dream about.
- Over the past three years I have lost 40 pounds in weight and put 25 pounds back on. My wardrobe contains very few smart clothes that actually fit.
- I have yet to read a book by Margaret Atwood that I have not enjoyed.
- I can perform a raggedy three ball juggle but have yet to learn how to ride the unicycle we have in our shed.
I am now supposed to nominate half a dozen or so of the blogs that I enjoy reading for this award. In my opinion, these are all worth checking out.
I can now display the award badge on my sidebar, a little reminder that one of my readers was kind enough to send me this virtual hug.